Experience: +5 jaar ervaring
Type of contract: Fixed contract
Domain: Sales/custom service
Vlerick Business School is a triple-accredited, international business school at the heart of Europe.
It is ranked number 1 in the Benelux for executive education. Characterised by an open, pragmatic, vital & international spirit. Are you an experienced networker and negotiator, ready to grow strategic partnerships with Corporates? Then this is the perfect job for you!
Senior Business Developer
What does this role entail?
In line with the strategic focus of the school to grow business and diversify our customer base, this role has a strong business development focus targeted on acquiring new Corporate Partners across Industries and Countries.
- You identify new leads, create a pipeline of prospects, organise sales visits, negotiate and conclude large long-term partnerships while overseeing consistent pricing, as well as innovative relationships while creating value for all parties.
- You develop long-term partnerships with companies and strengthen existing relationships with corporate partners.
- You gain access to relevant networks in Belgium from a B2B sales perspective and represent Vlerick Business School at network events.
- You develop a comprehensive business development plan and B2B sales strategy together with our senior management.
- You are able to follow up closely on market trends to anticipate on all factors about opportunities and threats (takeovers, growth, solvency issues etc.) that may influence future business transactions.
- You act as an interface between the School and the corporate world to guarantee a bird’s eye view over the school. In this you have the ability to explore the overlap of interest between the school and the corporate world. Whether in research for business, in executive education, recruitment or other areas.
- You work in close collaboration with colleagues from the Development Office, Executive Education (Open and Customized), Careers and External Relations Departments and Faculty to execute key strategic priorities.
- You report to the Dean. Your activities and results will be reported on a monthly basis.
- This role is based in Ghent or Brussels.
What do we expect from you?
- You are able to develop strategic, proactive relationships with potential corporate partners.
- You have strong sales capabilities, you are a true hunter.
- You have extensive experience with relationship management.
- You have developed a strong perseverance and a natural commercial awareness.
- You are driven and goal oriented focused on achieving high targets.
- Over the years, you have developed an extensive and relevant network providing you with access at executive board level.
- You combine a strong sales-driven approach with being a team player willing to share information and open doors for your colleagues.
- You have a Master degree and minimum 5 years of relevant business experience.
- You are a strong Negotiator with the ability to influence and problem solve.
- You have strong interpersonal skills capable of building and maintain relationships.
- You can carry out Market research, accurately gather data on companies and individual.
- You have strong Event Management skills including budgeting, planning, site, coordinating, arranging speakers.
What do we offer?
- Autonomy, responsibility & challenging work.
- Working in an environment which stimulates entrepreneurship and innovation.
- Opportunities to learn & grow.
- Having access to a large business network already built in Vlerick.
- A challenging job in a dynamic, entrepreneurial and international environment.
- A to Z responsibility for innovative projects, backed up by the leadership of the school.
- Building up partnerships within and outside the organisation.