Experience: Junior (2-5j)
Type of contract: Fixed contract
The Development Office is part of the Dean’s Office and strengthens strategic relationships with businesses, philanthropists, foundations and communities. It secures the resources that are needed to accomplish Vlerick’s mission and leverages strategic relationships through corporate partnerships, institutional giving and philanthropy.
What can you expect?
You provide key support to the team to help drive high value giving and partnerships. This role offers you the chance to play an integral part in assisting with existing & new partnerships and potential donors.
Within this role:
- You support the business development for corporate partners, research funding & philanthropic fundraising.
- You actively manage the client relationship database.
- You give support in building profiles of prospects by means of exploration and fact-finding via different channels.
- You are involved in organising high-profile events and meetings.
- You follow-up on contracts and invoicing.
- You provide all-round support for your colleagues within the Development Office.
What do we expect from you?
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work well-organised with a proactive approach.
- You consider quality of paramount importance and want to go the extra mile to satisfy the internal & external customers’ needs.
- A passion for fact finding.
- An interest in the philanthropic and business environments & an understanding of how corporate partnerships & business in general works.
- An excellent knowledge of Dutch and English.
- A Bachelor Degree and 2-5 years of working experience.
What do we offer
- A challenging job in a dynamic, professional and international environment.
- Working in a self-managing team with strong growth ambitions, where there is a lot of room for initiative and development.
- The fulfilment of having a direct impact on transforming student’s and donor’s lives.
- A competitive salary and learning and growth opportunities.
- The position is based on the Brussels /Ghent or Leuven campus. Flexibility to go to Brussels frequently is expected, as is mobility to events on location.