Are you looking for a (new) job in Belgium? We have all the expertise to help you get the most out of your job search and boosting your career in Belgium.
Depending on where you are in your search process you need to focus on different aspects. Main recommendation is not to kick-off the process impulsively but to take your time to first (re)define your job goal. Once you are clear on your job goal you can start to build a strong CV and extend your local business network.
Here is an overview of the four free tools we offer:
- Tool 1 Setting your new job goals
- Research the Belgian job market
- Information on bottleneck vacancies and mentoring programmes
- How to define your new job goal
- A framework to help you define your strengths and weaknesses
- Tool 2 Preparing your CV and cover letter
- Create a good CV, cover letter and LinkedIn profile
- Information on life-long learning and language training
- Tool 3 The importance of networking
- Why and how to network
- How to sell yourself, use LinkedIn as a networking tool
- How to follow up on any networking you did
- How to prepare for a network meeting
- Tool 4 From first call to getting hired
- A guide through the application process
- Info on telephone screenings, preparation for any job interview, assessment centres and feedback
- Support to practice difficult interview questions and the STAR method (a method frequently used by recruiters)
The four tools of this toolkit are developed with the support of the European Social Fund and in close collaboration with Vlerick Business School. All info on the development of the tools can be found on our blog.